Monday, August 19, 2013

How to disable graphics in Firefox 23.0.1?

Question:

Today, I updated to Firefox's latest version (23.0.1).

But, now when I visit certain favorite websites, I want to disable images from automatically loading, but that option appears to be gone (Used to be available at Firefox's Menu->Tools->Options->Content).
So, how do I disable the graphics and pictures now?

From this website (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/968486), I found an answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

On 8/18/13 1:25 PM, user jscher2000 has 2 good solutions (my preference is #1):

(1) In about:config, change the permissions.default.image preference between 1 (auto-load on) and 2 (auto-load off)

(2) Use an add-on that creates a toolbar button. For example:
Image Block (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/image-block) - "Image Block adds a toggle button that conditionally blocks/allows loading of images on webpages."

(I haven't tried #2 myself.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My conclusion:

I think Option #1 is a better way to fix this problem, provided that you feel confident about messing around with config.

No comments:

Post a Comment